Monday, February 20, 2012

Why Do They Shut Me Out Of Heaven

*song is VERY tongue in cheek; comes with a real attitude
-watch for altos with their Joan Griffith face (her bass playing face)
-M20: 'uh huh' is snarled with attitude
-M25: 'I can sing...' is pretending to be sweet, but not really meaning it
-M30 & M59: notice slides on and 'Yeah' and 'loud'
-Angelic, somewhat sweet and sassy on the first couple "Why do they shut me out..?",
-Emphatic on that first "Uh huh!",
-Flirtatious on the "If I were the gentlemen in the white robes"
-Pippettes, on the "doo" wap parts;
-Crescendoing from the 1st to the 2nd and the 3rd to the 4th "doos, whenever we sing them;
-Thinking about the Power involved in those who judge, when singing "I I were the gentlemen" - Could I be like them? - well, yes, I could;
-By the time we sing the "Did I sing too loud, too loud..." the final "Too loud" should almost be a shout. Classic Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment